Friday, August 17, 2012

Sewing: Peacock Dress

My husband just bought me a sewing machine on Wednesday. I was so excited that I ran to the fabric store and got some stuff for my first project! :)

I decided to make a little sundress for my youngest daughter. I wanted a really cute retro kind of print so, I picked up some super cute pink peacock fabric. The first night I set up my pattern and cut all of the pieces out. 

Then Thursday was my first day to start putting everything together, minus the details like the buttons. Since I didn't buy them yet.
















It really didn't take me that long to get back into the swing of things, even though it has been about 15 years since I last touched a sewing machine. I got all four pieces of the dress together, I decided not to do the appliques that they included on the pattern. I think that the pattern is cute enough without adding to much to it. I picked up the buttons earlier today and will be putting them on the dress when the girls are down for a nap. I'll share the final dress with you when I am all done. But this is what I have for now:


No comments:

Post a Comment