Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mommyhood - Losing the Pacifier

Well, you have probably been wondering where I have been for a little while. The past two weeks, I was on a mission to rid my daughter of her pacifier! She will be 2 years old in just two short months. So, I did not want to wait any longer.

Surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought it was. Madison must have been ready to give it up. Once I made the choice that she wasn't going to have one anymore, I spent a whole week of sabotaging it. I poked a small hole into the pacifier every day. This would make it gradually not work the way that it used to any more. She made the choice herself, to not really use it as much after awhile.

Then the second week I made the rule that she couldn't have it during nap time anymore. And at bedtime I told her about the Pacifier Fairy, and how she was going to come on Friday and take her pacifier away. She would then give it to another little baby that needed it, since she was now a big girl and didn't need it anymore. She kept saying okay when I told her this story, but I was unsure on if she was going to be okay with it come Friday.

Surprisingly she was okay with! She asked for it once, and I reminded her that the Pacifier Fairy was coming to take it away. She made a little pouty lip but rolled over and went to sleep. I was so proud of her! I was sure she was going to wake up during the night asking for it, but she didn't wake up at all!

So, I am proud to say that Madison is now pacifier free! :)

Next comes turning her seat around in the car and potty training! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment